Registered in 1986 with Rural Waterworks Development Corporation (RWDC) under the name Baao Rural Waterworks and Sanitation Association (BRUWASA), facilitated in providing water service with its sole pumping station located at Brgy. Buluang, with facilities constructed and implemented under the Project Management Office (PMO) of the Ministry of Public Works and Highways.
By virtue of a Presidential Directive, in 1987 the RWDC was dissolved with its functions and mandate transferred to Local Water Utilities Administration (LWUA) in line with Presidential Decree 198, forming the Baao Water District with LWUA Certificate of Conformance No. 313. The WD’s mandate is contained in Presidential Decree No. 198 as amended by PD nos. 768 and 1479, otherwise known as the “Provincial Water Utilities Act of 1973”, declaring a national policy favoring local operation and control of Water Systems; authorizing the formation of Local Water District and providing for the government and administration of such districts.
Sec. 5 of Title II of PD 198, the purpose of forming local water district includes the following:
- Acquiring, installing, improving, maintaining and operating water supply and distribution systems for domestic, industrial, municipal and agricultural uses for residents and lands within the boundaries of such districts,
- Providing, maintaining and operating wastewater collection, treatment and disposal facilities, and
- Conducting such other functions and operations incidental to water resources development, utilization and disposal within such districts, as are necessary or incidental to said purpose.
To be one of the Philippines’ best water districts in providing excellent water supply service to its concessionaires.